Benefits of Rawit Chilis – The last few weeks, the price of red chili peppers is expensive. Ranging from Rp. 120 thousand to Rp. 150 thousand per kilogram. According to the Minister of Trade (Mendag) Muhammad Lutfi, the increase in the price of Rawit Chili was caused by failed harvests in a number of production centers due to high rainfall.
Let’s Cultivate Rawit Chili
You could say that the price of chili always increases significantly every year. Can we grow the chilies ourselves? Of course, I can. But before discussing Rawit Chili cultivation, let’s get acquainted with this spicy little one.
Research and Development of Horticulture
Rawit Chili (Capsicum frutescens) is included in the Solanaceae family and is a long-lived (chronic) plant. Rawit Chili can live for 2-3 years if properly cared for and its daily needs are met.
Benefits of Rawit Chili Content
Rawit Chili is used for vegetables, cooking spices, pickles, and medicines. As reported by SehatQ, Rawit Chili contains capsaicin which makes it nutritious for health. Capsaicin is what makes it spicy.
The higher the capsaicin content, the spicier it will taste. Medicinally, Rawit Chili has long been used as part of alternative or herbal medicine. The benefits of Rawit Chili range from lowering blood pressure to suppressing hunger. Here’s the review:
Good for the digestive system. The content in Rawit Chili protects digestion from infection, maximizes the production of digestive juices, and helps the distribution of enzymes to the stomach.
Good for body metabolism. The capsaicin content in Rawit Chili helps maximize calorie burn. This process is called diet-induced thermogenesis which helps maximize a person’s metabolism.
Reduces appetite and feels full longer.
- Capsaicin content has the potential to lower blood pressure
- The capsaicin content can provide pain relief when applied directly to the skin.
- Potential to cure autoimmune disease psoriasis
- Reducing the risk of cancer. Capsaicin content can help slow the growth of cancer cells.
Nutritional Content of Rawit Chili
Not only beneficial for health, but Rawit Chili is also popularly used as a spice in cooking. The nutritional content in one tablespoon (5 grams) of Rawit Chili is:
- Calories: 17
- Fat: 1 gram
- Carbs: 3 grams
- Fiber: 1.4 grams
- Protein: 0.6 grams
- Vitamin A: 44 percent
- Nutritional Adequacy Rate (RDA) for Vitamin E: 8 percent
- Nutritional Adequacy Rate (RDA) for Vitamin C: 7 percent
- Nutritional Adequacy Rate (RDA) for Vitamin B6: 6 percent
- Nutritional Adequacy Rate (RDA) for Vitamin K: 5 percent
- Nutritional Adequacy Rate (RDA) of Manganese: 5 percent
- Nutritional Adequacy Rate (RDA) for potassium: 3 percent
- Nutritional Adequacy Rate (RDA) of Riboflavin: 3 percent
- Nutritional Adequacy Rate (RDA)
How to grow Rawit Chili for beginners
- In the news, there are tips for growing Rawit Chili plants, the following are how:
- Provide land the first thing that needs to be done in planting Rawit Chili is to provide the land first as a planting medium.
- Prepare the Rawit Chili Then, prepare the main ingredients, namely Rawit Chili. Peel the Rawit Chili and take the seeds for later sowing on the soil that has been provided.
- Prepare the pot Next, prepare a plant pot for you to put the soil. Take a small pot with a drainage hole at the bottom, cover the hole with a small stone and fill it with potting mix.
- Prepare the soil or organic fertilizer or compost. Prepare 70 percent organic fertilizer and 30 percent sand soil, then mix. In this potting mix, you will easily give a 90 to 95 percent germination rate.
- Place the compost and sand mixture in the pot. Gently distribute the soil mixture with your hands to remove any air gaps.
- Water using water and add the Rawit Chili seeds. After you put the soil into the pot evenly, water the soil with water so that the soil is wet.
- Next, sprinkle the Rawit Chili seeds evenly on the surface of the mixed soil in the pot, and make sure the seeds do not overlap.
- After the chilies are spread evenly into the soil mixture in the pots, cover the Rawit Chili seeds again with the same layer of mixed soil, just cover them lightly.