Leather Hobo Bag Pattern using a free sewing pattern. This generously sized purse has easy access plus pockets inside. Leather or faux (vegan) leather fabric is a great choice for this bag, as well as cork fabric. Sewing it will be easier than you think, so let your creativity help you to make your favorite purse ever.
Easy Hobo Bag Pattern
This is the free Easy Hobo Bag pattern from Sara at SewSweetness.com. This bag can be made with almost any material and it’s aimed at beginners so stop panicking…this is going to be fun. This is a great bag for summer, and it’s so pretty! Make sure you read Sara’s blog post and check out her video tutorial to get you started. While you’re there, check out Sara’s other bag patterns, they never disappoint and always look amazing.
Easy Leather Hobo Bag
I’m back with another YouTube video – this time, it’s a full-step video to make an Easy Leather Hobo Bag! This bag can be made in any material that can be left raw (so think cork fabric, vinyl, or leather), and it’s aimed at beginners or those who have yet to make a bag out of leather.
Easy Leather Hobo Bag sample
In my Easy Leather Hobo Bag sample bags, I used cork fabric from my shop (the blue bag) and faux leather fabric from my shop (the rose gold leather bag). This is a great slouchy bag for summer, and I immediately moved my purse items over to the rose gold bag, it’s so pretty! Before you start the video, please download the cutting instructions and templates here:
Pattern Leather Hobo Bag
- Cutting Instructions – 0:44
- Attaching the Interfacing – 7:33
- Making the Pocket – 15:13
- Inserting the Magnetic Snap – 21:50
- Attaching the Tabs – 26:45
- Sew the Side Panel – 29:12
- Finish the Bag – 39:04
Supplies and Tools Used in the Video
- By Annie’s Soft and Stable foam interfacing
- Pellon SF-101 Shape Flex fusible woven interfacing
- magnetic snap
- 1″ metal rectangle
- Clover Wonder Clips
- Pilot Frixion pen
- Clover Chaco in white
- Kai scissors
- 12″ x 6″ Omnigrip quilting ruler
- Steady Betty gray pressing mat
- Singer Expert Finish iron
- Juki TL-2010Q sewing machine / Juki 2200 QVP mini sewing machine
- Aurifil 40wt Thread
- 90/14 needle or microtex needle
- The fabric used is Rose Gold faux leather
Happy Sewing! Please leave me a comment below – I’d love to hear what other types of videos I should create next!